When I was a kid, my brothers and I would spend ages with our coloring pictures, coloring books, and crayons. It was so much fun!
I remember my brother had a He-Man coloring book that he was particularly fond of, and to this day, he still has it tucked away in the back of his cupboard – although he’ll never admit it!
How do I know? I was helping his wife declutter their home – cause sometimes it’s just way more fun with a glass of wine and a friend! While we were busy clearing out, guess what we found! We haven’t told him that we stumbled upon his prized coloring book, and I will keep that fact to myself for now… because every sibling needs at least one good piece of blackmail material 😉
But why are coloring pictures and pages so timeless in their popularity with kids and parents alike?
Besides being really fun, coloring pages have so many benefits for kids. Here are just a few of them:
- Creativity – Coloring pictures allow kids to express their creativity. They get to think about what colors to use and where to use them. Many kids also prefer to express themselves through drawing and coloring rather than using words.
- Color – Coloring in pictures helps kids to learn about color and different color combinations.
- Fine Motor Skills – Fine motor skills are essential when it comes to writing and working with small objects. You can’t get a better exercise for fine motor skill development than coloring!
- Focus – Kids who enjoy coloring pictures often have better concentration skills and are able to focus on one activity for longer periods of time.
- Handwriting – Coloring is one of the best ways for kids to improve both their hand strength and dexterity and ultimately their handwriting. Coloring helps kids get used to holding their pencils and crayons correctly, so writing comes a lot easier when they are older.
- Relaxation – Coloring is a great way to help kids take their minds off any worries they might have. It helps them to relax and it helps them to process their frustrations and emotions.
With so many wonderful benefits, there really is no reason not to include coloring pages in your everyday activities. In fact, it has been found that kids learn a lot quicker when learning is combined with fun activities like just like coloring!
Because we believe that coloring, along with reading, is so beneficial to kids, we have created free coloring picture bundles for you to download, print, and enjoy with your kids (each bundle can be easily downloaded in printable PDF format).
These coloring pictures and coloring books are easy to color and are perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, and younger kids between the ages of 2 years old and 10 years old.
Coloring Pictures, Coloring Pages & Coloring Books To Download